2.17.2009

Happy Darlybird To Me!

Today I am 30. The big 3-0. It's not a big deal, but birthdays always become a joke because I'm about 6 weeks older than my husband. He won't let me forget it.

After seeing on DesignMom that Darlybird was clearing out their inventory by selling grab bags, I thought that I would order one as a present to myself. It was great fun! I got some funky earrings and a square bangle bracelet, a little felt zipper pouch (made in Nepal), an apple ornament, some hang tag note cards, beautiful brown cupcake wrappers, foot scrub, and some solid perfume made in Spain. Oh! And a metal yo-yo that looks like a globe. How fun is that?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grab bags! That sounds so fun. And also Happy Birthday!

ANNE said...

Thanks! Remember when we used to get them at Hello Kitty? Surprises are always fun - even if you buy them for yourself...

dani said...

happy birthday! i love to shop for myself and it sounds like you got great things!

Beth Northrop said...

Happy, happy birthday, Annie-dear! I was just thinking about the Hello Kitty grab bags the other day. They have them at Dollar Tree, but somehow I just don't think they would be that great.

ANNE said...

Sara was telling me about some great goblets from Dollar Tree - it sounds like it's THE place!