2.09.2009

Food Storage

Food storage is something that has always lurked at the back of my mind. We've never had the space or the money or the time or the inclination. (I know - everyone comes up with their own excuses...) Between a friend at work who got into food storage when she lived in Utah for a while and a Christmas gift from my parents, we have finally started! So far I got some big plastic buckets with fancy twist-on lids, some glass jars with lids (from Wal-Mart), whole grain pasta, and brown rice. My leftover funds are going toward flour, sugar, and oats to fill up the buckets. I also got in on a stake Walton Feed order to get some random things like refried beans and potato chunks. The Shelf Reliance web site is lovely and has beautiful cans of food (below), but seems rather expensive. Hopefully I'll figure this all out as we go along.

1 comment:

dani said...

ohhhh food storage. this haunts me. i need to work on this. badly.