1.27.2009

Kate Winslet

I like Kate Winslet. I haven't seen many of her movies, but I always like reading her interviews and watching her on shows like David Letterman. She seems very down-to-earth. I love that her wedding ring is a set of bands (both times she's been married). I loved her in Finding Neverland and The Holiday. I don't like that she uses vulgar language. One of her latest movies, The Reader, was a book on Oprah's list. I checked it out once and started reading it, and when I got to the first love scene it was so graphic that I returned it without ever leaving the library. So I can't say anything about her recent award-winning performances, but I think she's a fascinating person. Maybe I'll have to go watch Sense and Sensibility.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm kind of surprised you haven't seen Sense and Sensibility yet! It's very good. And The Holiday is one of my modern favorites. Just when I was losing hope in romantic movies, it came along. I'm proud of you and not finishing your book. Books are tricky like that and I think they should have ratings.

ANNE said...

I know. I've kind of wanted to read Sense and Sensibility before watching it. Books are tricky! A lot of Oprah ones sound good but then have something questionable... I've been sticking to the classics instead - I just started Little Women!

{Happy Birthday to Sara! I hope it's a good one!}

Anonymous said...

Call me the second you finish it--that's my favorite book of all time.