1.23.2009

Friday Featured Art: La Belle Iseult

Since I've changed up the Thursday posts, I thought I'd change the Friday posts, too. I'll probably still do Etsy sellers here and there because there are so many awesome things on Etsy, but in the vein of my poetry revival I also want to include some art that I love. I know I've posted this picture before, but I thought that William Morris was a good place to start. This painting is called La Belle Iseult but is often mistaken for Queen Guinevere. It currently belongs to the Tate Britain. I once wanted my wedding dress to be based on this dress, but then I realized how hot and dense the fabric would be!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have a copy of this picture in your home? I kind of feel like you do. If not, you should.

ANNE said...

You know, I don't think I do. Although I have similar ones... I probably need to find a good copy!