3.17.2010

Wright Plus

When we were married in May of 2004, we honeymooned in Chicago. That seems strange now that we live an hour away, but at that time we were living in Utah - 1400 miles away. As part of our trip, we went on the Wright Plus housewalk in Oak Park. It was fascinating. You get to tour the inside of some of the Frank Lloyd Wright-designed (and other) homes in the area. As you may remember, the Frank Thomas house is my favorite. It has not been open to the public in over 20 years. When I saw the ad for this year's housewalk, I thought I recognized the skylights in the entry of the photo... The Thomas house is going to be on the tour this year!! (I may have to save my money!)


1 comment:

dani said...

i am jealous. i love frank lloyd wright and find it fascinating that he dressed his wives to coordinate with the home. very interesting!