3.04.2010

Thursday Text: D&C 42:45; Alma 28:12

My absence last week was due to the passing of my friend's husband. He was 31 and died suddenly. I flew home to Utah to attend the services and to spend some time with my friend Holly since I, too, was widowed at a young age (almost 8 years ago). I was so glad to be there with her.

One of the scriptures that was quoted at the funeral was D&C 42:45:

Thou shalt live together in love, insomuch that thou shalt weep for the loss of them that die...

I re-read that scripture and was led to another in Alma 28:12:

While many ... truly mourn for the loss of their kindred, yet they rejoice and exult in the hope, and even know, according to the promises of the Lord, that they are raised to dwell at the right hand of God, in a state of never-ending happiness.

These are beautiful thoughts in a sad time.

No comments: