12.10.2009

Thursday Text: Gift from the Sea

I recently read Anne Morrow Lindbergh's Gift from the Sea. Have you read it? I "borrowed" it from my mom years ago and finally got around to it. I was very glad that I did. I loved the wisdom that it contains. And it went right along with the Relief Society lesson I was preparing on creativity and compassion (Pres. Uchtdorf's talk, Happiness, Your Heritage). Here's a quote:

I want first of all ... to be at peace with myself. I want a singleness of eye, a purity of intention, a central core to my life that will enable me to carry out these obligations and activities as well as I can. I want, in fact - to borrow from the language of the saints - to live "in grace" as much of the time as possible. ... By grace I mean an inner harmony, essentially spiritual, which can be translated into outward harmony. ... I would like to achieve a state of inner spiritual grace from which I could function and give as I was meant to in the eye of God.

No comments: