5.05.2009

Beth

Here is another quote from Little Women. Yes, I am still reading it. And I am loving it.

There are many Beths in the world, shy and quiet, sitting in corners till needed, and living for others so cheerfully that no one sees the sacrifices till the little cricket on the hearth stops chirping, and the sweet, sunshiny presence vanishes, leaving silence and shadow behind.

This is rather a sad quote, but my sister Beth had a baby on Sunday night, and I wanted to share this bit. Beth is so helpful and cheerful and good. She is a wonderful mom to Claire and will be to baby James, too. I miss my sisters when I live so far away, but I'm sending Beth hope and happiness for her new endeavor as a mother (again).

1 comment:

dani said...

i loved this post! especially the quote. congrats beth and good luck!