3.31.2009

Frank Lloyd Wright Playroom

When Tony and I got married, we went to Chicago on our honeymoon. It was in May, and we were able to go to the Wright Plus housewalk in Oak Park. In addition to touring Frank Lloyd Wright's home and studio, participants get to tour the interiors of some of the homes in the neighborhood. It was fascinating. I especially loved the playroom in FLW's home. The piano is built into the wall, and my favorite sculpture (Winged Victory) can be seen in replica above.

3 comments:

dani said...

i love frank lloyd write. i want to go to arizona the next time i go and see all his homes and things in pheonix.

sushi2 said...

Wow absolutely beautiful. My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Arizona Biltmore. Although Wright did not actually design it he supervised the drafting and completion. Wright's winter studio, Taliesin West is also in Phoenix. I think his work is incredible and timeless, however I would find it very hard to live in his homes. They were all created according to his comfort and taste so it was not practical for everyone else to live in.

ANNE said...

Yes - all of the woodwork is very pretty, and it's nice that things are built in, but I could see it being a little impractical. We have wood floors now, and they're impossible to keep clean!

This seemed like a fun playroom to me because my sisters and I loved to twirl around our grandma's wood-floored ballroom.

I would like to visit the Wright buildings in Wisconsin and Arizona some day...